I make a summer bucket list every year, Im not putting pressure on ourselves to do every single activity, but I would like to do some of them. I try and get a mix of cheap days out, slightly pricier days out (aided by vouchers usually), home activities, and rainy day activities. If its written down then I can look at it and pick one or two activities at the start of the week.
- Summer Camp!!! The boys are signed up for community games camp at the local GAA, Luis is doing a FAI soccer camp in the next village and got free tickets for a ROI match for signing up (vs Kazakstan, the day before Im due, any volunteers to take him?!) and Luis, Maxi and Amelie are doing Pony Camp (Bamas will rule that one!)
- Tie Dye Shirts
- Pick your Own. Back home we always went to Garsons farm, or Roundstone farm on the Sussex Coast. I know of one PYO in Dublin, and one Blueberry farm an hour south from here that we hope to check out.
- Paddling pool fun (quite a lot of these activities are weather permitting, as I type this we have flood warnings in place)
- Family Olympics.
- Coosan Point
- Connemara Days.
- Dublin Zoo
- Viking Boat tour of the Shannon.
- Athlone library and Moate library. Moate has an awesome childrens section, and Athlone has a lot of local history events.
- Athone agricultural show (so excited for this one!)
- Canvas paintings,
- Den building
- Film festivals (Our own one of course!)
- Galway days out
- The gathering of the boats at Kinvara (we went last year, its so fun)
- Getting ready for baby.
- Back to school prep.
- Street soccer
- Gaelic matches, watching and playing!
- Park park and more park!! we have one over the road, and one in the next village up which is brilliant
- The Great Clev Bake off – bread, cookies and cakes. Maxi makes a mean fairy cake but Luis might win with his oatmeal raisin cookies.
Anyone have any other ideas?!