1) I managed to remember to take a bottle of home made Sun in to the beach (water, conditioner, lemon juice in a spray bottle) to enhance the children’s blonde hair BUT neglected to top up the sun lotion regularly. Therefore my children are VERY brown. Luckily all seem to have inherited my skin tone so tan rather than burn, so now not only do they have kick ass tans, they also have beautifully sun highlighted hair.
2) I have stopped sweeping the floor after every meal. Mainly because if I do this its 5 times a day and my back will actually break. I make Luis and Maxi do it instead. Sometimes they do really well. Other times Vivienne eats dried up stuff from under the table.
3) Certain children who sleep really badly have started sleeping really well. I could lie and tell you this is because they are in a routine now but honestly its probably because they have heat stroke from playing outside all day long.
4) I realised early one morning that Mr Clevett had no clean or ironed shirts for work so I just picked one out the washing pile, shook it a bit, then ironed the collar and cuffs with my GHDs. So long as he keeps his jacket on all day he will be fine.
5) We ate BBQ 4 meals out of 7 last week. In my defense I did mix it up with chicken and fish as well as hot dogs (bbq staple) . But still – thats a lot of sausage related meals in one week. Oh and when we do BBQ I make the kids line up behind the BBQ and just eat with no plate or anything. Saves on cleaning up.
6) I have been getting ready for the baby (could be as little as 10 weeks away). I figured the baby stuff from Vivi has only been in storage for about 3 months so instead of washing it all again I just dumped it in the drawers. Its going to get puke all over it anyway. I count this, plus the fact we have a tub of unopened formula left over from Vivi (she only switched to full fat milk recently), as us being baby ready.
If you would like to vote for me as mum of the year then please feel free. Alternatively if any of these incredible time and sanity saving tips sound good to you – e mail me as I have plenty more!!!!