Well the heatwave has buggered off, Im blaming Crum (stepdad and Mum) who left yesterday, they took the good weather back to the uk with them!! Its raining and quite chilly here today, if it doesn’t dry out later Im going to have a fire.
We had a fabulous weekend with them but today it is back to the grindstone. I am actually running a small family hotel this summer, next week my BFF is here, she goes the day that Mr Clev’s brother arrives (Might have to call him Mr Clev2 for blog purposes, even though he is older, so might not work) then the following week another BFF (whom I shall call Toddler group BFF, we have seen eachother on and off through the births of nearly 7 babies between us!) then a week off for Luis’ soccer camp and then another BFF (this time oldest school bff) for a few days, My mum and mother in law (the supernannies) arrive for one day on August 31st, then on the monday we are back to school.
I cant be bothered to write any more or upload loads of photos so here is a list of random things on my mind. I have started work on the recap post from our time with Crum so fret not, if you make it to the end of this post, a happier post will be on its way later this week.
1) The term ‘step-dad’ and ‘step-mum’ is so weird. I might just call my mum and stepdad and my dad and stepmum parents from hereforth because they practically are, and because its really grinding my gears typing it out constantly. I was asked at a midwife appointment who would be helping when the new baby arrives and sounded like such a douche going ‘my dad and my stepmum’ and explaining my whole life story to her about how my mum lives in England and my dad is English but lives in Ireland blah blah blah. Im just saying parents from now on, so yes, I have two sets of parents.
|newly adopted parent for blogging and explaining purposes.|
2) We left England because we were surrounded by stress and wanted a chilled out more relaxed life style, recently Ive felt that English stress creeping up on me again. I think its karma for blogging on about how relaxed and in love we all are. I need to take some time to just chill out and breathe and relax. Sadly with all the visitors I dont think this is going to be possible for August, so I’m just going to roll with it. I’m happy to see people, I truly am, but anyone who has ever had people stay in their home will know what I’m talking about. As much as I love the more relaxed summer holidays I’m looking forward to September and to routine coming back. The new baby will arrive and we can just bunker down and focus on OUR family, rather than all the other family drama going on around us. I’m also looking forward to Christmas. Namely this years Christmas card photo, the possibilities are endless but I think we need a roaring peat fire, furs, Guinness and a dog. Obviously the outfits will be green rather than red this year!
|This one didnt make the cut last year but I love Maxis face!!|
3) I dont care if I have to sell a kidney but next year Im taking myself and my FIVE children on a plane to a hot country for a good chunk of the summer holidays, like at least 2 weeks. I will take Mr Clev too (he will have to pay for the part of the holiday not covered by the body part funds). With 5 children I might have to sell a kidney, an ovary, and a leg – but I WILL DO IT. With God, and the internet as my witness (name that film!)
|This is Connemara but lets pretend its Barbados ok?|
4) Why do children demand so much attention? Im happy to give it to them but its like ‘give an inch, take a mile’. How do you make children realise that they cant just do what they want, when they want, and that time and money factor into most things? I have long been a subscriber of the Beatles theories of ‘I dont care too much for money, money cant buy me love’ and ‘all you need is love-love is all you need’ but apparently at this stage of the summer holidays (one month in, one month to go) my children need less love and more money. they want this, this, this and this and they want it now or else they will cry and moan ALL DAY LONG. Think I need to crank up the ipod a bit louder until they get the message that LOVE IS ALL YOU NEED DAMMIT!!!!!
|Vivi is currently the only exception to point 4.|
5) Why do some people in the world not work by lists? seriously – Mr Clev is one of them. You write him a list of things to do and its hit and miss as to whether he will do it. Athlone tax office is another example, they have a list of stuff to do, but little gets done. World – wake up and cop on to the power of the list. Lists organise your day and will revolutionize you life. Big love to the list. Mr Clev – are you reading? fix my blog!!!
Ok thats it, im done, good to get that out!!! Did you all enjoy that snapshot of whats swirling round in my head right now? bet you did!! I’m off to clean and change all our beds, freakishly I quite like doing this job!